On the last Friday of every month we will play a different format game rather than the routine Stableford competition. We will play preferably a 2-man scramble but depending on the number of players we have on the day we have to do a 3-man scramble. Players will be drawn into the teams randomly on the morning of play as this will create the fairest method of play.
- Handicap for each team will be calculated by taking the total handicap of the team divided by the the number of players squared (for 2-man team factor = 4, for 3-man team factor = 9, for 4-man team factor = 16) and then rounded to the nearest whole number.
- So for example for a 2-man team with handicaps of 23.2 and 14.6 the team handicap will be (23.2+14.6)/4 = 9.45 or rounded to 9.
- For a 3-man team with handicaps of 28.4 ,21.5 and 18.3 the team handicap will be (28.4+21.5+18.3)/9 = 7.58 or rounded to 8.
- For a 4-man team with handicaps of 10.2, 13.8, 16.0 and 24.7 the team handicap will be (10.2+13.8+16.0+24.7)/16 = 4.04 or rounded to 4.
Format of Play
- Format of play will be best ball.
- Each team member will tee off and the team members will decide which ball to be used for next shot. For a 2-man team the player who didn’t take the drive will play the next shot from this location. For a 3-man team the second shot can be taken by either of the other two players who did not take the drive but each player must have only 6 second shots during the round played. Just to be specific the second shot for a 3-man team will be taken by only one of the other two players who did not take the drive – they will NOT both take a second shot and then choose the best option.
- For all subsequent shots all players can play and the best one chosen.
- Exception to this rule is if the ball is driven onto the green then all players will be allowed to putt.
- If ball is on the fairway the ball can be placed within 1 club length from original ball position not nearer the hole, if the ball is in the rough or in a hazard the original ball will be played as it lies then each of the other players will drop a ball within 1 club length to that location and then play their shot. If you drop the ball 3 times and the ball is still outside a 1 club length then the ball will be played as it lies. No placing of the ball in the rough or hazard is allowed. If a ball is in a bunker then the original ball will be played as it lies then each of the other players will place a ball within 1 club length to that location not nearer the hole and then play their shot.
- Repeat this till the ball is holed out and the net score recorded for that hole taking into account the handicap allowance for the team.
- Each team member will have to use their tee shot a minimum number of times as follows: 2-man team = 9 times, 3-man team = 6 times. 4-man teams = 4 times. For 3-man teams each player must have 6 second shots. For 4-man teams each player must have 4 second shots.
- Every player will put in RM10 to the pot and the winning team will take the pot.
- The winning team will be the one with the best Stableford for the round.
- If there is a draw between teams then there will be count back for best Stableford for the last 9 holes. If still drawn then the last 6 holes, then the last 3 holes then the last hole if still drawn.