On the last Friday of every month we will play a different format game rather than the routine Stableford competition. We will play a 2-man, 3-man or 4-man scramble depending on the number of players we have on the day. Players with closely matching handicaps will be drawn into the teams as this will create the fairest method of play.
- Handicap for each team will be calculated by taking the cumulative handicap of the team and dividing by twice the number of players and rounded to the nearest whole number.
- So for example for a 2-man team with handicaps of 23 and 14 the team handicap will be (23+14)/4 = 9.25 or rounded to 9.
- For a 3-man team with handicaps of 28,21 and 18 the team handicap will be (28+21+18)/6 = 11.16 or rounded to 11.
- A 4-man team with handicaps of 27,22,16 and 12 would have a team handicap of (27+22+16+12)/8 = 9.63 or rounded to 10.
Format of Play
- Format of play will be best ball.
- Each team member will tee off and the team members will decide which ball to be used for next shot. All team members will then play the next shot from this location.
- If ball is on the fairway the ball can be placed within 6 inches of the original ball position, if the ball is in the rough or in a hazard the original ball will be played as it lies then each of the other players will drop a ball as close to that location as possible and then play their shot.
- Repeat this till the ball is holed out and the net score recorded for that hole taking into account the handicap allowance for the team.
- Each team member will have to use their tee shot a minimum number of times as follows: 2-man team= 6 times, 3-man team = 4 times and 4-man team = 3 times. (excluding Par 3 holes)
- Every player will put in RM10 to the pot and the winning team will take the pot.
- The winning team will be the one with the best Stableford for the round.
- If there is a draw between teams then there will be count back for best Stableford for the last 9 holes. If still drawn then the last 6 holes, then the last 3 holes then the last hole if still drawn.